By now most of you know my first ever book, Virtual Freedom, is releasing April 1st. And what a journey it’s been! Two of the many people who have been integral in the marketing of this book, Jennifer Canzoneri and Matt Gartland, join me in this episode to discuss exactly what we’re doing to get it ‘out there’ and into as many hands as possible.
Together, the three of us talk about the ins and outs of publishing today for entrepreneurs and how we developed the marketing campaign for the launch of this book. It’s a behind-the-scenes rundown on what it takes to create a book from inception to completion and then market it to the world.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Three reasons I chose to go the traditional publishing route rather than self-publish.
- The concepts we borrowed from start-ups and grassroots political campaigns to develop anticipation and build some buzz.
- Bundling: why we did it the way we did, so it provides the MOST benefit for YOU, the reader.
- The keys to securing a partnership with a book publisher, whether you have a platform, or not.
- How the Virtual Freedom Tribe concept was developed.
- And much, much more!
Share the Tweetable: Having a publisher in your corner gives you more opportunity in terms of everything from PR to marketing to bookstore relationships.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- My book – Virtual Freedom
- AuthorMBA Podcast with Matt Gartland
- Ben Bella
- Good Reads
- Virtual Staff Finder
- Todd Henry’s Accidental Creative
- Episode 41 with ‘The Foundation’
- Chris Guillebeau
- Jonathan Fields
- Tim Ferriss
- Gary Vaynerchuk
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Visited the minisite for Virtual Freedom yet? If not, click here to check it out!
Both Jennifer and Matt are insanely savvy about the book industry, especially the non-fiction world where most entrepreneurs become authors. I think I can safely say without Jennifer and Matt’s knowledge, this book would not be what it has the potential to become once it’s launched. The support and partnership we created was exactly what I was looking for and what I wanted for my first book – now we’ve just gotta get people buying the thing!!!
Although this show was specific to my book, there are plenty of golden takeaways you can use for your own business and your own marketing endeavors.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Question: What was the biggest takeaway from this episode for you? So much was discussed, I’d love to hear your opinion.