Would you think selling an idea before it was even in production would create success or kill the idea before it was born?
Andy Drish and Dane Maxwell, the co-founders of The Foundation, would say pre-sell! They will tell you pre-selling is key to the long-term success of a product. In fact, it’s critical to negating the majority of risk in entrepreneurship.
And these two would know. Within one year of building The Foundation, they doubled their students’ success rate. And they did so in a number of ways, all of which we talk about on the show.
As you listen to this episode, you’ll hear why they are great business partners: how their skill sets and personalities compliment each other.
You’ll also hear how they live by the belief that the only thing that stops anyone from being, doing or having what they want in life is that person’s belief system.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- The five part framework they teach to create a successful product launch that eliminates your RISK.
- Dane’s important distinction between outsourcing and hiring.
- My personal experience with pre-selling and whether or not it negated my risk in launching the new endeavor.
- Andy’s prediction about online educators and marketers – find out who will be most successful in the next five years and how you can get on board right now.
- Whether or not they are in favor of business partnerships.
- Why getting the right people on board with your organization is so critical to your long-term growth.
- Much, much more!
Share the Tweetable: If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Spread the knowledge of The Foundation! – [Tweet This!]
Items mentioned in this episode:
- The Foundation
- The Foundation on Facebook
- Starting from Nothing podcast
- Andy Drish on Twitter
- Dane Maxwell on Twitter
- A special gift from Andy and Dane!
- Pre-Order My book – Virtual Freedom
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Even before I spoke with them, I knew Andy and Dane were a phenomenal pair. They spend their days teaching entrepreneurs how to build and scale thriving software companies: without a lot of money, ideas or even software knowledge.
It was a real treat to have them on the show, sharing their passion and enthusiasm. They truly are a dynamic duo and were the perfect partners to be the New Business Podcast’s first 3-way conversation! It was new ground for us, but we broke it with laughter, wisdom and personal anecdotes.
Even though I have met only Andy in person (and I made quite an impression – I was a terrible beer pong partner for him at NMX in 2013!), by the end of the show it felt like having a coffee with old friends. I can’t wait to hang out with these guys in the future and to see what major success they create for their students with The Foundation!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Have you ever pre-sold an idea before you produced it? What was that experience like? And do you believe community plays a role in an entrepreneur’s success? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.