As you may have noticed, I’ve really increased my amount of content creation recently. Whenever there is talk about content, SEO, search engine optimization, naturally comes up because we’re all creating content more and more – so we can be found on Google and other search engines.
I don’t claim to be an SEO expert, but I do know that when Google released the Panda and Penguin updates last year, it caused trouble for a lot of small business owners.
I’ve brought on today’s guest, Neil Patel, who is a business SEO expert, to bring a little calm to the storm. He’s the founder of two Internet companies, namely Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics, and he blogs at QuicksSprout.com. He’s advised some very large companies such as HP, Amazon and AOL in order to help them make more money from the Internet.
In this episode of the New Business Podcast, Neil shares some great SEO tips, and I know you’re gonna love it!
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- How link building has changed.
- The easiest and most effective way to get backlinks to your site.
- Neil’s take on all of the changes Google made last year.
- The three most important tools to have in your SEO arsenal.
- The role that social media plays in the overall SEO landscape.
- What type of content medium works best for SEO, and best SEO practices for images.
- The best type of content for converting customers.
- Neil’s #1 tip to doing business in the new economy.
- Much more!
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Crazy Egg
- Quick Sprout
- Raven Tools
- The Beginner’s Guide to SEO
- The 7-Day New Business Bootcamp
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
As the SEO landscape continues to change, it’s obvious that Google will also continue to change the way they rank results in their search engine, and the way that people find the content that is available through Google, and their social media platform, Google+. For me, however, the answer is still the same to making sure that you’re found easily online – create content that helps, inspires, educates and perhaps entertains a little.
That’s the best type of SEO anyone can focus on!
Free Transcript Download
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to The New Business Podcast, just use the links below:
Did you enjoy my chat with Neil? Do you have a question related to small business SEO, or any tips you’d like to share with everyone? I’d love to hear from you below!