Podcasting has seen a “revival” in the last 18 months – more people are starting podcasts and listening to them. Though podcasting never really went away, it saw a bit of a plateau in the last few years. Now, it’s on the rise again and is coming into the mainsteam consumable market, where hundreds of thousands of business owners are desperate for regular high-quality content. If you’re an entrepreneur, it’s something you should definitely be doing as part of your overall ‘new business’ strategy, as I mention in my 7-Day New Business Bootcamp!
But you shouldn’t just be jumping on the podcasting bandwagon because everybody else is doing it. As Corbett Barr and I discussed in the last episode, you need to be creating epic content that blows people’s minds – not just some regurgitated nonsense!
Today I talk with Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man, about how podcasting can help you learn to make great content, create a community around yourself and generate leads for your business.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Cliff’s top tips, tactics, techniques for podcasting.
- How to find your podcasting voice (something I struggled with at the beginning).
- Why listeners can ‘hear your heart’ in your podcast.
- The biggest podcasting mistake you could make.
- Why you shouldn’t try to turn your podcast into a business.
- Why having multiple podcasts can actually hurt your content.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Pre-order my upcoming book, Virtual Freedom!
- Podcast Answer Man – Cliff’s main site.
- Podcasting A to Z – Cliff’s podcasting course (Use code DUCKER for a $500 discount!)
- Cliff’s first ever podcast episode
- Seth Godin on “Tribes”
- 1,000 True Fans
- Leo Laporte
- Adam Curry
- Gideon Shalwick
- Dan Miller
- Social Media Marketing World
- Jon Acuff
- New Business Podcast Episode 30, with Corbett Barr.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
If you want to learn more about starting a podcast, definitely check out Cliff’s site – he has lots of great resources on there. I have also published my ‘short but sweet’ guide to starting a podcast over at ProBlogger.net.
My upcoming book, Virtual Freedom, is now available for pre-order – get it here! And send a copy of your receipt to my assistant, jam [at] chris at chrisducker [dot] com, and we’ll keep it on file for the freebies we’ll be giving away for the early adopters!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Got questions about starting, publishing and marketing a podcast? Ask away in the comments below!