Crowdfunding has been steadily gaining popularity among entrepreneurs over the years as a way to help raise funding for their products or services. However, statistics show that not every campaign leads to success with less than a third of campaigns able to reach their goals.
On this episode of Youpreneur FM, Khierstyn Ross joins the show as she chats candidly about how she navigated the world of crowdfunding, the mistakes she made along the way and the key ingredients for a successful campaign.
We also discuss the importance of video when it comes to launching a campaign, package and reward schemes for your backers, and how she feels crowdfunding is going to impact entrepreneurs.
If you feel like you are ready to dip your feet into the crowdfunding pool, this is the episode for you. As always, it’s time to get your notepad and pen ready as we talk tips and tactics for making sure your campaign takes off successfully. There is all that and so much more on today’s show!
“Prove that you have something, show that it’s being used and that your audience can see themselves using your product.”
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Khierstyn talks about the most common mistakes people make when crowdfunding.
- How to get on the “new and noteworthy” front page to promote your campaign.
- How the popularity works when it comes to crowdfunding.
- What Khierstyn means by having a “low goal” for your campaign.
- What you need to focus on in order to make your crowdfunding campaign a success.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Crowdfunding Uncut
- Khierstyn Ross on Twitter
- Tim Ferriss on Twitter
- Four Hour Work Week
- Thin Ice Indiegogo Campaign
- John Lee Dumas
- The Freedom Journal
- Tropical Think Tank
- Build the Business of You
- YOUPRENEUR – Our New Mastermind Community is LIVE!!!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!