On this episode of Youpreneur FM, I’m giving you the only quick start guide to public speaking you need. Whether you want to be a better speaker or you’re just getting started it’s all here on today’s show.
We’ll be talking about how and when to use slides and other visual aides effectively, how to properly give your speech including how to use eye contact and your voice for the best possible delivery and my simple yet effective breathing strategies for coping with stage fright.
Even if you’re an experienced speaker with keynotes under your belt you’ll want to tune in – and that goes double if you’re new to public speaking!
“Never leave an audience hanging!“
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- When should you turn down speaking opportunities?
- What are the two most important parts of any speech?
- Is it ever a good idea to use a podium?
- What are the right and wrong ways to deal with stage fright?
- Why visualizing your audience naked is bad advice.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Episode 126 – How to ‘Steal the Show’ Both On and Off Stage, with Michael Port
- Burning Heart video – my jam for getting pumped up to speak!
- Virtual Freedom – My book on building a virtual team to build your business.
- YOUPRENEUR – Our New Mastermind Community is LIVE!!!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!