With the increase of entrepreneurs and brands getting on their phones and giving us real-time access to what’s going on in their businesses, live-streaming has proven without a doubt, that it isn’t a fad and that it’s here to stay.
Our guest for today, Alex Pettitt is the UK’s most popular live-streamer and he joins the show again for a fireside chat with me as they talk about how live-streaming has changed radically during the last twelve months, what kind of content works best for social media and why you should never put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to social media efforts.
Alex and I also talk about Periscope’s future and where it lies now that Facebook Live is in the picture. They also tackle the latest social media star, Snapchat and how it’s changing the game!
Alex also shares his tips on using live video when building and monetizing a personal brand. and how he plans to build his own brand with live video at the forefront of it all. Tune in for that and so much more in this episode of Youpreneur FM!
“Fact: if you want to reach a young demographic, you HAVE to be on Snapchat!”
Alex Pettitt, Alex Pettitt.tv
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Alex shares his thoughts on where he thinks Periscope is now in the live-streaming and video industry.
- Chris and Alex talk about Facebook Live’s latest features and what it can mean for entrepreneurs in the future.
- What is a signal-to-noise ratio and how it is affecting Periscope.
- What’s the biggest mistake you can make when it comes to live streaming video.
- Alex talks about narrative and why it’s key when it comes to creating solid Snapchat stories.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Alex Pettitt’s website
- Alex Pettitt’s YouTube Channel
- Episode 117 – Getting Started and Dominating on Periscope, with Alex Pettitt
- Build the Business of You
- YOUPRENEUR – Our New Mastermind Community is LIVE!!!
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!