Whether you’re just starting your entrepreneurial journey or you’ve been on this path for awhile, you know it’s a wild roller coaster of a ride!
Our guest for today’s show, Darren Hardy, believes if every entrepreneur knew their journey was going to be a roller coaster – and knew the necessary skills to master that ride – there would be far fewer business failures and many more success stories.
In fact his mission is to empower entrepreneurs globally. He is living that mission with his publication, Success magazine and his multiple New York Times best-selling books including his latest The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster. Success magazine reaches over 5 million people currently and his latest book has sold over 100,000 copies.
During our chat today Darren talks about his origins, how Success got its rebirth after failing with three other publishers, what the biggest challenge is for entrepreneurs today and what the single most important skill-set is for any entrepreneur (here’s a hint: we talk about it a LOT on this show!).
“Circumstances don’t make you who you are, YOU do!”
Darren Hardy, DarrenHardy.com
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Was Darren good at sales when he first became an entrepreneur?
- What percentage of the population is self-employed vs. employed?
- Why success is actually easy to get, but is much harder to keep.
- 80% of books aren’t read beyond what chapter?
- Are sales people born or can they be made? Darren and I answer.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Tropical Think Tank 2016 – Only a few tickets left!
- Darren’s Website
- Success Magazine
- The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, Darren’s New Book!
- Darren other books
- The 3 Lists to Freedom
- Scene from Glengarry Glenross
- Free – the first 2 chapters of The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster
- Darren on Twitter
- #DuckerScope on Periscope!
- My FREE Blogging Tutorial
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!