This episode is going to be a bit different. After being asked many times to tell my own personal entrepreneurial success story, I decided to do just that – no interviewees this time.
Sometimes people think that success comes because of luck, or exceptional talent. Though both may be true for some, most successful people will tell you that the reason they got there was persistence, and a burning desire to do something extraordinary.
Are you on the fence about whether you want to be your own boss? My dad once told me when I was flunking high school, “The way to be nothing, is to do nothing”.
Perhaps it’s time to pick which side of the fence you want to be on.
In this episode, I tell the story of how I resigned from my last job, started my first business, almost went bankrupt, and then turned it all around – with some heavy hustling!
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- My entrepreneurial journey, with its trials and tribulations.
- Escaping the 9 to 5 and firing my boss.
- How I used my job skills to start my first business.
- How that business nearly made me bankrupt, and how I changed that.
- Why having only one client is like putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Why you need to create your own opportunities to succeed.
- The importance of listening to your clients, to create more businesses.
- Much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- My Facebook Community
- Outsource to the Philippines Podcast
- Follow me on Twitter: @chrisducker
- Live2Sell Group – My first business
- Virtual Staff Finder – Matchmaking service for VAs and entrepreneurs
- Location63 – My co-working office in Cebu City
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
So, thats it. My own entrepreneur success story. There have certainly been some high’s and low’s and I’m sure they’ll be plenty more in the many years to come. I can’t wait! In the next episode, we’ll be back to normal programming: I’m interviewing Greg Hickman on going mobile in your business.
NOTE: This episode is being published a little late, due to me being at WDS last week. Sorry about that!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to The New Business Podcast, use the links below:
What did you think of my first solo session of the New Business Podcast? Love it, hate it, indifferent about it? Post away in the comments – I’d love to know!