Over the years, I have come across several websites and people who tried to copy my brand – sometimes ripping off whole articles, parts of my videos, or in one instance an entire business model of mine. Unfortunately for them, they went out of business.
It can seem easy to copy someone whose work you like when you’re just starting out. However, I’m a big believer that if you want a solid business with long term growth, you have to be genuine. You need to figure out how you can benefit your clients and your audience – and you can’t do that by copying someone else.
In this episode, I talk about why you have to be original in business to be seen as a thought leader in your industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why it’s important to be innovativee in your business.
- Why public speaking is essential if you want to be seen as a thought leader.
- How to become the go-to guy in your industry.
- How to use content marketing to build your brand.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- My New Business Manifesto
- Zen Habits with Leo Babauta.
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn.
- Social Triggers with Derek Halpern.
- Fern the Dog Trainer – My story of one business owner taking serious action.
- Virtual Staff Finder – My VA matchmaking service for entrepreneurs.
- New Media Expo – Come hang out in Vegas with me!
- New Business Podcast Episode 22 – Building your personal brand.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Being original and innovative is related to building your personal brand, which is something I often talk about. It’s a long-term investment, which will help you grow your business and be seen as a true authority in your industry.
Next week, tune in again for my interview with Natalie Sisson of The Suitcase Entrepreneur, whose self-published book, under the same title as her blog, became an Amazon Bestseller – and exactly what it’s done for her location independent business.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
What about you guys – what are you doing to make yourselves stand out in your industry? I hope you’re doing it in an original way. Post in the comments below!