Publishing a physical book is a major factor in building your personal brand and being seen as a thought leader in your industry. As someone who is getting ready to have my own book traditionally published, I am very interested in the different tactics and strategies involved in the process.
In my recent interviews with Jay Baer and Farnoosh Brock we have heard about several different ways to approach the process of releasing and marketing a book. It seems that today, there is no clean-cut script you can follow to book success. Everyone has to forge their own path in a way. But that doesn’t mean you can’t learn from people who have already done it!
Today I talk with Natalie Sisson on how to self publish an amazon bestseller – and more. Otherwise known as the Suitcase Entrepreneur, Natalie has taken the self-publishing route and got her book on the Amazon Bestseller list.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why writing a book is only 10% of the process, and what the other 90% is.
- How to use Kickstarter to launch a self published book.
- How to get your fans to promote your book for you.
- How to work with online retailers to sell your self-published book.
- What you need to be prepared for when publishing a book independently.
- Why The Suitcase Entrepreneur is different from The 4 Hour Work Week.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie’s website (Blog and Podcast).
- Suitcase Entrepreneur – The book.
- Book marketing checklist by Jenny Blake.
- Pam Brossman – Amazon author promoter.
- Chris Guillebeau – Author of the $100 startup and founder of World Domination Summit.
- Location63 – my coworking space in Cebu, Phillippines.
- How to Market a New York Times Bestseller with Jay Baer.
- Smart, Super-Selling Book Marketing Tactics with Farnoosh Brock.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Traditional, self-published, or a mix of the two – there have been many great techniques discussed in the book marketing interviews I’ve done on this podcast in the last couple of months. And we have the final installment of this journey, with author and book marketing expert Tim Grahl, coming up soon!
Whichever method you choose, one thing you do need to remember – and thats to be innovative and bring value to your community. That is a recurring theme in all these interviews, and it is also something I talked about in Episode 26. Originality and hard work will take you far in your business!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
I’m sure many of you will want to write your own book at some point. Which route would you take – self-publishing, traditional publishing, or something in between? Discuss in the comments below!