If you’re the person behind last year’s “best online social media event on the planet” – how do you top it, how do you make it even better the next year? And if you already had 7.5 million unique viewers to your web site last year, what are you doing this year to grow and expand your audience?
Those are just a few of the questions and topics I talk about with my guest today, Mike Stelzner. Mike is the owner and founder of Social Media Examiner, host of the Social Media Marketing Podcast and an all-around, brilliant entrepreneur.
Mike and I met for the first time at New Media Expo in January of this year and I had a chance to get to know him very well in our short time together at the meetup that myself, Pat Flynn and Cliff Ravenscraft held for over 100 people. He’s on the bleeding edge of all things social media, so it was an honor to have him join me for an episode of The New Business Podcast.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why letting go of things, even the things he is really good at, has been liberating for Mike and it will be for you too.
- The digital addiction most entrepreneurs deal with and how it stops us, Mike included, from being present and turning off after our work day is done.
- Why Mike believes podcasting is just on the brink of exploding, why Apple is already on top of the medium, but how he believes Google is about to join the party, too.
- The nuts and bolts of how he built last year’s Social Media Marketing World, including why he built a community component into every piece of the conference.
- What has catapulted my own speaking career in the last 2-years.
- And much, much more!
Share the Tweetable: Social media is now becoming more of a broadcast platform where you have to pay to play.
Spread the knowledge of Mike Stelzner – [Tweet This!]
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Social Media Examiner
- Social Media Marketing World
- Social Media Marketing Podcast
- Facebook’s Paper App
- Social Media Examiner on Facebook
- Social Media Examiner on Twitter
- Pre-Order My book – Virtual Freedom
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Before meeting Mike in Vegas this year, I had listened to his podcast and followed his journey with SME, so I thought I knew a bit about him. But after spending some face to face time with him, I really gained a true appreciation for the depth of his social media knowledge and how forward-thinking he is in his business ventures.
I was stoked to have him on the show and to hear what he has in store for the 2014 Social Media Marketing World conference and his other endeavors. It’s exciting to watch it all unfold for him and to learn from what he’s doing – take notes, people!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Question: Are you attending Mike’s conference this year? And what trends do you see coming down the social media pipeline throughout the course of 2014?