What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Chances are, you grab your phone and check your email, Twitter updates, SMS, etc. People are addicted to their smartphones (including myself)! But, what does this mean for you as a business owner?
When I looked at my stats recently, I was blown away by how many people were looking at my website, watching my videos and listening to my podcasts from their smartphones. This is one of the reasons why I recently redesigned my website to be fully responsive. What are you doing in your business to connect with mobile users?
In this interview with mobile marketing expert, Greg Hickman, we talk about why you need to go mobile with your marketing, and the different techniques to use for a brick ‘n mortar business vs. the online kind. Greg shares some staggering numbers that show you why your business has to be mobile friendly to survive in the new business economy – and to avoid getting demoted by Google!
Then to round off the useful tips, I read some ‘hate’ mail from Terry Dunlap and tell the embarrassing story of how I first met Greg in Pat Flynn’s hotel suite in Las Vegas. Fun stuff, I know you’ll enjoy this episode.
In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Mobile site vs. Responsive site: you must choose, but choose wisely.
- The 4 things to avoid when going mobile.
- The most overlooked mobile marketing channel out there.
- How to decrease the likelihood of your emails getting deleted.
- How to build a mobile site without breaking the bank.
- Greg’s #1 tip for going mobile in today’s new economy.
- Much more!
Items mentioned in this episode (there are lots!):
- My Going Virtual series.
- WDS – World Domination Summit.
- NMX – New Media Expo.
- Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Aweber – Email marketing tools.
- Themeforest – Responsive email templates.
- Internet Business Mastery
- LeadPages – Responsive landing pages.
- WPTouch – WordPress plugin for making your site mobile friendly.
- Dudamobile and Bluetrain Mobile – Drag & drop mobile site builders.
- MobileMixed.com/Ducker – Greg’s Going Mobile toolkit and special video.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
That was a lot of really great tips on going mobile – now it’s time to implement them. Want more goodies? Hop over to Greg’s site to get his Going Mobile toolkit, plus a special video for the New Business crowd.
Be featured on a future episode: Do you have a success story of using my 7-day Business Bootcamp? I want to interview you, especially if you have trackable results to show! Email me directly to sign up for a 10-15 minute Skype interview. I’d love to hear from you, and feature you and your business on the site!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to The New Business Podcast, use the links below:
And if you’ve got a burning question about being mobile-friendly in your business, just post it in the comment section below – Greg will answer it!