I come to you solo once again. This time, to talk about the subject that I am most well known for both online and off – outsourcing and working with virtual assistants.
Some business owners try to do everything in their business themselves – contrary to what they might think, this is actually counter-productive! To grow your business, you need to take a step back and see the big picture – and you can’t do that when you’re down in the trenches working IN your business 24/7.
In this episode, I offer up lots of tasty tips on getting started with outsourcing and working with VA’s for the first time. I also talk about why outsourcing is an excellent way to give you the freedom that entrepreneurship is meant to give you, as a business owner.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to avoid the biggest mistakes when starting with outsourcing.
- What Superhero Syndrome is and how it’s hurting your business.
- The different types of outsourcing, and when to choose which.
- The 6 main types of VAs and what they can do for you.
- 3 lists that can help you figure out what kind of VA you need.
- How to know when it’s time to hire your first VA.
- The easiest way to lose a good VA.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- OutsourceToThePhilippines.com – my eBook on outsourcing.
- The 3 Lists of Freedom Exercise – to help you find the right type of VA.
- Virtual Staff Finder – my match-making service for entrepreneurs looking for VA’s.
- My ‘Going Virtual’ Series of posts here on the blog.
- Virtual Staff Finder Academy – my VA training course.
- Saving the Day the Virtual Way – free eBook on virtual business set-up.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
So that’s my summary of how to get started with outsourcing and hiring a virtual assistant for the first time. If you want to learn more on specifically working with filipino VA’s, then you should check out my free 150-page eBook on Outsourcing to the Philippines (it was a best seller on Kindle when it first came out a couple of years ago and is free!).
And finally, I’d love to hear some more feedback on the solo podcast format. Should I keep doing these sessions now and again, or do you guys prefer the interview format? Leave an answer in the comments – and don’t be afraid to critique me, because it helps me make the podcast better for you guys!
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to The New Business Podcast, use the links below:
Got questions about getting started with outsourcing and working with virtual assistants? Let me know below in the comment section – I promise to reply.