I’m sure many of you have heard that as a business owner in the new economy, you need to be producing online content. I talk about this often myself. Unfortunately, many people take this as producing any content – just going through the motions, posting mediocre stuff for the sake of posting something. Or worse yet, regurgitating what hundreds of other bloggers, podcasters, and video makers have already said.
In this interview with Corbett Barr, we discuss why you need to be creating epic sh*t if you really want to influence people – whether to listen to you, work with you, or buy from you. We also talk about building an online business and the importance of having a community of like-minded people involved in the process and most importantly listening to that community.
For those who don’t like swearing, you’re going to have to mentally sensor us a few times throughout this episode – sorry, that’s just how we roll!
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How to find your audience and make your content resonate with them.
- Why getting instant feedback is really valuable.
- Building brand equity, even if you haven’t found your “thing”.
- Why quality content is more important than SEO.
- How to get real fans, not just clicks.
- How a community can help you start and grow your business.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Corbett Barr on Twitter.
- Think Traffic – Corbett’s blog.
- Fizzle – An online community for entrepreneurs.
- Chase Reeves
- Caleb Wojcik
- Team Treehouse – Learn technology.
- Code Canyon – Buy and sell code.
- Lynda – Online courses and tutorials.
- Write Epic Shit
- Nothing To Lose
- Unicorns and Rainbows
- Quadruple Your Mailing List
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Well, there you go – I hope all of you are now inspired to create some epic stuff. Go start that business, write that book, make a video, or podcast about something that matters!
Speaking of creating things – I’ve just announced my upcoming book, Virtual Freedom. I promise you it will be epic! Get on the VIP Launch List when you can.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
What is the most epic thing you have ever made, or done in your business? Let’s hear it in the comments below! Share!!!