At New Media Expo this year, I gave a presentation on what I believe to be the most important aspect of business today: building the brand and the business of you. I’ve had so many people ask if I was going to turn this into a podcast episode, that, well, I just had to!
One of the most important things I did when I entered the online world just four short years ago, was to provide prolific content and create ‘P2P’ relationships.
P2P relationships are ‘people to people’ relationships, and that’s where I believe marketing is heading. People want to do business with other people – not big nameless chains and brands. I discovered when I created my own personal brand, people connected with me and were willing to buy from me. Their willingness to buy was based on our relationship: they knew me and trusted me.
It’s true for me and it’s for you and your business.
Here’s a quick video highlight reel from the presentation itself, so you can get the general message behind the session.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- One of the easiest ways to create great P2P relationships.
- The three types of content creation: education, inspiration and entertainment, and how to use them to create killer marketing content.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: real-life examples of how to, and how not to create fans in the online world.
- The necessary steps of ‘the sales process’ and how they apply to the ‘business of you’ process.
- Why you must be seen to sell to be an influencer in your niche.
- Much, much more!
Share the Tweetable: In todays business world, your audience will ultimately determine what the ‘Business of You’ actually becomes!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Video highlight of my presentation on YouTube.
- Nigel Marsh’s Ted Talk on Work/Life Balance.
- My Mastermind Events in 2014
- Pre-Order My book – Virtual Freedom
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
In my opinion, marketing is reverting back to the way it was 50 or 60 years ago: we want to do business with people we know, like and trust. And you can be ahead of the curve by taking the content from this show and creating your own personal brand and voice in the online world.
I made sure this episode was filled with actionable items and real-world takeaways you could use in your business, whatever industry you’re in.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
I’d love to hear from you – let me know why you’re considering (or perhaps already are!) building the business of you and why you want to be an influencer!