In the past, business was done in corporate board rooms by guys in pressed suits, and marketing was done top-down through traditional media channels. Today, that is changing very quickly.
With the Internet providing a way for people to communicate not only with each other, but also with companies they buy from, business owners can no longer use the fake corporate persona that may have worked before.
They have to be human.
I’m a huge advocate of the P2P (People to People) approach. In this episode I talk about how you can use it to effectively build a personal brand that is REAL, and ALL YOU, to take your business to the next level.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- My live event Tropical Think Tank, coming to Cebu, Philippines in March 2014!
- Why I changed my site from VBL to ChrisDucker.com.
- My tips for producing excellent YouTube, podcast, and blog content, to help build your brand.
- How to use social media to your advantage, P2P style!
- Why your corporate persona is causing you to lose business.
- How to build a personal brand in the ‘new business’ economy.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Tropical Think Tank 2014 – now sold out!
- Pat Flynn – Smart Passive Income Podcast
- Gideon Shalwick – Online video marketing
- Natalie Sisson – The Suitcase Entrepreneur
- Amy Porterfield – Social media marketing
- John Lee Dumas – Entrepreneur On Fire
- Corbett Barr – Think Traffic
- Greg Hickman – Mobile Mixed
- New Business Podcast Episode 21, with Gary Vaynerchuk
- World Domination Summit
- National Speakers Association
- My Free 7-Day ‘New Business’ Bootcamp Course
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Your personal brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room – remember that. And more importantly, let’s discover why!
Many entrepreneurs today are switching their company brand over to a personal brand, like I switched to ChrisDucker.com. Pat Flynn just announced that he was finally able to get his hands on the domain PatFlynn.com, which has eluded him for a while. Now he’s got it, his online personal brand is well and truly putty in his hands – it’s important to him. And it should be important to you.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Are you using a company brand, or personal brand to build your business? And if you’ve made the switch, what changes have you noticed? Would love to hear from you guys in the comments below.