With so many new marketing techniques flooding our eyes and ears these days, it can be hard to know which ones to use. However, if you’ve thought about the option to build a personal brand and not pulled the trigger yet – today’s episode of the podcast will change that.
Should I use my own name, or invent a quirky brand that stands out? Should I obsess over my Twitter followers count?
Gary Vaynerchuk believes that using very old school techniques, in new ways, is the way to go. Listening to your customers, building a great relationship with them, and bringing them value are things that will never get old. Are you struggling with your marketing? If so, I strongly suggest you to start to build a personal brand and by doing so, you’ll start building solid relationships with your customers – just see how things change.
It’s more than just being smart in your business and utilizing the power of virtual assistants (which I know we discuss in detail very regularly here on the blog). The people-to-people approach (or P2P) to doing business in the new economy is one of the main ways to get through to your customers in the world of social media noise and information overload.
In this interview, Gary and I talk about building your personal brand, the small-town approach to business, and his upcoming book – Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.
In this episode, you’ll hear Gary and I discuss:
- What you need to build your personal brand.
- Why being a big fish in a small pond is good.
- What my buddy, ‘Bob the Baker’ can teach you about business.
- Why customer attention is more important than your number of followers.
- The golden rule of successful stage speaking.
- Gary’s number one tip for doing business in the new economy!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- World Domination Summit
- National Speakers Association
- Pat Flynn – Smart Passive Income Podcast.
- Gary Vaynerchuk – main website.
- Crush It and The Thank You Economy – Gary’s previous books.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook – Gary’s new book to be released in November 2013.
- My Free 7-Day ‘New Business’ Bootcamp Course
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
In the podcast Gary and I discussed my ‘P2P’ mindset in business. I thought it might be a good idea to post my original video on this subject, which was published on January 1st, 2013. Let me know what you think, now that we’re 8-months into the year.
Was I right? Off target?
I’m very excited to have been able to interview one of my own entrepreneurial influences! I love all of Gary’s advice on building a personal brand for your business. It’s fascinating that even though the world is changing faster than ever, the oldest business techniques in the book are still extremely relevant.
Hope you enjoyed this session of the podcast.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the links below:
Do you have a question about building a personal brand that you’d like to ask? I’m all ears. Post in the comments below!