In the world of online video, the ‘Big Daddy’ of all video sharing sites, YouTube regins supreme, basically uncontested.
Yes, you’ll find cute little cat videos and clips of people doing silly things when drunk (always amusing), but there has been a shift in the last few years on YouTube – one that is being lead by small business owners, experts, brands and new-age entrepreneurs – who in turn are flooding the platform with high quality content in order to create awareness, market themselves and overall dominate their niche.
In this episode of the New Business Podcast, I sit down with one guy that has not only carved out an impressive following on site himself, but also someone that also helps others do the same. Today it’s all about YouTube and all about James Wedmore.
In This Episode
- The importance of getting active on YouTube in today’s business climate.
- How to grow a YouTube channel in a simple, yet effective way.
- Why you need to be posting new clips regularly.
- The in’s and out’s of SEO (yes, even on YouTube!) for your videos.
- Engaging viewers and helping them share your content.
- How to convert video viewers to websites visitors, and beyond.
- James’ #1 tip to doing business in the new economy.
- Much more!
- James on YouTube
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Marie Forleo
- Dollar Shave Club Promo Video (8,000,000 views +)
- NMP003 – Pat Flynn on ‘Being Everywhere’
- The 7-Day New Business Bootcamp
As a side note, I can say that I’ve experienced some solid success with YouTube. Some of my videos have done much better than others, but thats the thing – if I hadn’t of shot, edited and published them, I never would have known what works well, and what doesn’t.
I recently re-shot the ‘Bootcamp Promo’ video. The reason why is because I felt it wasn’t high enough quality when it came to the content and the overall message. The lesson here is that if you’re unhappy with something, it doesn’t mean you have to put up with it – just delete and re-shoot. Like I did. Let me know what you think of the new clip, if you have time.
Be sure to check out the Chris Ducker Dot Com YouTube Channel, too, as I’m going to be publishing a lot more frequently going forward.
Free Transcript Download
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to The New Business Podcast, just use the links below:
What has your experience with YouTube been so far? Got heavily involved? Or, just scratched the surface? If you’ve not got started – what do you need to get going? I’d love to hear from and help you in the comments below.