How far would you go to give Gary Vaynerchuk a ride to the airport? Would you be bold enough to make a video of yourself and send it to him? How about a video of yourself singing a book review of Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook?! Amy Schmittauer did just that: she created a clever video of her singing a book review to the tune of a Mariah Carey Christmas song and sent it through to Mr Vee!
Amy is the creative mind behind Savvy Sexy Social and Vlog Boss Studios. With these online outlets, she’s combined two of her greatest skills and passions, creating video and digital marketing.
In this show, we dive into both of those skill sets and talk about her processes for each site – one a vlog, the other a business; what she does herself, what she hires out and how being a thought leader today is so important to the success of her businesses.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why I believe entrepreneurs need serious help!
- How she comes up with her content ideas.
- Why she chooses to video edit herself.
- Why she has an open email policy: how it benefits her audience as well as her.
- How her music video for Gary V’s book came about: how long it took as well as the inspiration for it.
- Why we both love coaching, but limit how much of it we do.
- And much, much more!
Share the Tweetable: The more open my email policy, the more likely I am to have topics to create content about.
Spread the knowledge of Amy Schmittauer – [Tweet This!]
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Savvy Sexy Social
- Amy’s YouTube Channel
- Amy’s YouTube Channel for her iPhone Vlogs
- Amy’s musical video review of JJJRH (Embedded below, too!)
- Amy on Facebook
- Amy on Twitter
- NBP Episode 49, with Caleb Wojcik
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Here’s that Gary Vee Christmas Sing-Song:
Amy has brilliantly branded and positioned herself in the marketplace today. I admire her prolific content creation, so much so that she’s one of only a handful of people I am subscribed to on YouTube.
She is great at making videos that consistently provide valuable information for anyone in the business world; it’s one of the many reasons I was thrilled to have her on the show.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
TAKE ACTION: I want to SEE what you learned from Amy today, so get your cameras out and record a quick video, then share it below!