For many people who don’t run a business (either online or offline) in today’s new economy, the day to day life of a Virtual CEO can be a complete mystery. For all they know, I could be spending my days yelling at a boardroom full of executives – or lounging around on the beach, living the 4 Hour Work Week dream!
If you’re reading this, chances are you have your own business – or maybe you want to start one. When I first started working for myself, I was pulling 80-hour weeks, working through weekends, and barely spending any time with my family. But that’s no longer the case.
In this episode, I describe an average day in my life and talk about how to have a fulfilling lifestyle while hustling at the same time.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Balancing work and personal life as a virtual CEO.
- How to maintain a healthy lifestyle as a business owner.
- How to make your work more location independent.
- Why I split my daily working hours into several chunks.
- How working with a VA can help you be more effective.
- Why the 4 Hour Work Week should not be taken literally.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Tropical Think Tank – my now sold out event in March, 2014.
- 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss.
- Lifestyle Business Podcast with Dan Andrews & Ian Schoen.
- The Live2Sell Group HQ – my call center company.
- Virtual Staff Finder – virtual assistant matchmaking service.
- Location 63 – my co-working space in Cebu.
- NBP016 – My entrepreneurial ‘success’ story.
- Working with a VA to Manage your Email.
- Working with a VA to Manage your Social Media.
- Year Without Pants by Scott Berkun.
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU – You rock!
So that’s my average work day. I definitely have a much better work / life balance now than I did before. And it has not only benefited my family life – it has improved my business too!
Double the podcasting fun this week – tune in again on Friday, when I chat with Jay Baer, where we’ll be discussing exactly how he became a New York Times bestselling author.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
How do you balance your work life and personal life, as a business owner? Share some tips, schedules of your own and any other tidbits you think might help others below. Thanks, guys!