One of the most important things that any growing business can do is put proper systems and processes in place.
When I was busy growing my business in it’s early days, I didn’t even think about this stuff and it caught up with us as we went from 75, to 100, to 150 and over 200 employees. Sooner or later something will give – for me it was being involved in every aspect of the business. I burnout – but, that situation had a silver lining as it led me to blogging and online business in general.
Once those processes are in place everything becomes easier. And when it comes to working with employees around the world, and putting your business on auto-pilot, I don’t know anyone that’s better at it than my guest in todays session, James Schramko.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- James’ background from selling cars to running entrepreneur events.
- The in’s and out’s of how James put his content creation and marketing on auto-pilot and what it’s done for his business.
- The typical workday for James, and the productivity factors that matter most to him.
- Exactly how James starts working with new clients on business growth ideas.
- How to start breaking down tasks and roles and putting in place processes to deal with them.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- James’ main website and blog – SuperFastBusiness.com
- Follow James on Twitter.
- NBP Episode 37 – Working with virtual assistants, with Leslie Samuel
- Virtual Staff Finder – my VA match-making service.
- Pre-Order My book – Virtual Freedom
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Following this interview I got to spend even more time with James in person at a recent conference, and I have to say, I was blown away by his sheer commitment to helping entrepreneurs. At one point he was surrounded, as the organizers started packing the place up after the final talk of the event, by perhaps 20 business owners – all picking his brain for over an hour.
He’s a class act all the way, and someone I am proud to call a friend and fellow entrepreneur.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Have you started to build systems into your business yet? If not, why not? Are you struggling? Feel free to leave some questions below.