Taking that leap from the corporate world into entrepreneurship can be daunting, which is why it’s so encouraging to hear about the hardworking and passionate entrepreneurs who do make it.
In this episode, I sit down and chat with marketing strategist, entrepreneur and Youpreneur member Roger Edwards as we talk about his entrepreneurial journey and how he’s transitioned from corporate life to a booming consulting business.
Roger shares his experiences and talks about how he’s had to overcome some hurdles with getting a pretty stuffy industry like finance to embrace technology and marketing online, and how he is continuing to do so today as a consultant.
This was a great fireside chat with Roger which I know you will enjoy so grab your notepad, get comfy and tune in!
Essential Learning Points From This Episode:
- Roger talks about how he’s managed to develop a profitable personal brand in a field that can be reluctant to embrace new change.
- What were the first steps Roger took after he stepped out of the corporate world.
- Roger shares why podcasting is one of his favorite forms of content marketing.
- What Roger means by having a TV studio in your pocket.
- What kept Roger going during his podcast before he received work from it.
- Much, much more!
Important Links & Mentions From This Episode:
- Roger Edwards’ Website
- Roger Edwards on Twitter
- Marcus Sheridan’s Podcast
- Mitch Joel’s Podcast
- Ryan Hanley
- Personal Branding Roadmap
- Sign-up for the FREE Youpreneur Launchpad Training Course
- Youpreneur Personal Brand Business Building Community
Thank You for Tuning In!
There are a lot of podcasts you could be tuning into today, but you chose mine, and I’m grateful for that. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the top and bottom of this page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and you can bet that I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live!