Creating passive income is the holy grail of online business. The ability to make money whilst you travel the world, or simply when you’re sleeping – sounds good, doesn’t it!? And I’m here to give you two very REAL realizations.
Number One – its possible.
Number Two – there’s an ‘easier’ way of doing it, that so many internet marketers and online entrepreneurs just simply aren’t embracing as much as they should (some not at all!), and I hope this post slaps them solidly around the face, so they start!
Utilizing virtual assistants to help create your passive income portfolio is probably one of the most over-looked concepts in online marketing. Think about it seriously – why do ALL the work, if you don’t have to..!?!! So, today I bring you three very solid examples of how you can work with VA’s to get your passive income snow-balling towards you faster than you probably ever thought possible…
Here we go!
eBook’s are probably one of the easiest and quickest online products to create. Even on your own they would only take a short time, from cover to cover. A lot of people have created very successful eBook’s from material that already exists on their blog – what could be easier?!
They simply re-package the content into an eBook format and launch it as a product, or a free giveaway, to perhaps help build your online brand.
Virtual assistants can help you create eBook’s in a number of ways, such as:
- Subject matter research and compilation.
- Transcription of your eBook, if you prefer to dictate it.
- Designing of graphical elements, such as the cover and logo.
- Internal page development and layout.
- Facebook & Twitter account promotion and marketing.
- Write the entire eBook (if you don’t intend to put your name to it, and use it as a niche product elsewhere online, other than your blog / primary site).
- SEO virtual assistants can help you market the eBook through Google, etc.
Bottom Line: An eBook might be a quick easy product to put together, but it must also be done in a professional manner, with long-term in mind. Remember, everything you put your name on should be QUALITY – and that’s the same for the design and marketing, as well as the content itself!
Niche Websites / Marketing
A lot has been written about niche creation, finding a niche (like in my post, Finding Your Niche in 20mins or Less!), etc., so I am not going to get into that side of this particular story. However, I have successfully used virtual assistants whilst putting together niche products and websites quite a few times.
This particular stream of passive income is golden, as you can (as with eBook’s) literally make money whilst you sleep! And as a lot of the requirements to build niche websites are quite time consuming, its a no-brainer in regards to looking to outsource as much of the process as possible.
When building niche sites, a virtual assistant can help you in lots of ways, such as:
- Keyword analysis and competition research.
- Registration of domain names and installation of WordPress, and WordPress themes.
- Creating web-forms in AWeber, and re-jigging your theme to focus on building your mailing list.
- Content creation and publishing of original content to build keyword heavy articles.
- Promotion through social media platforms and article submission sites.
- Link building and other SEO related work.
- Lots, lots more…!
Bottom Line: A huge amount of work goes into creating these types of passive income generation machines, and as the ‘owner’ of the niche, or the marketer of whatever affiliate product you’re promoting, you should certainly look at working with a virtual assistant as much as possible, so you can spend your time on more constructive processes, such as networking with potential affiliates and resellers, as well as coming up with your next big niche idea!
Audio & Video Courses
I’m currently in the process of putting together my first ever training course on the subject of entrepreneurial outsourcing. It’s a great experience, and I’ve enjoyed putting together the content more than I ever thought I would - attacking it from the ‘Dummies Guide to…’ approach. I’m doing all this in Video and Audio, with workbooks and a few other goodies thrown in.
However, I’m already learning how to utilize the virtual assistants that work for me on this project to maximize my time on the content side of things, whilst they handle everything (well, almost!) else.
So far, my virtual assistants have helped me with lots of tasks on this project, such as:
- Creating Powerpoint slides, based off my audio and written notes for me to use as a make-shift autocue for when I am shooting my videos, so I am not mumbling and stumbling too much.
- Developing the logo and website layout for the landing page and subsequent marketing material, as well as the ‘Members Only’ section of the website.
- Putting together the complete affiliate program for the course, including free content and material to help affiliates promote and market it, once it goes live.
- Converting all video content into audio content, for an AudioBook version of the course.
- Transcribing all the videos in the course, for a written version, which can be printed and referred back to time and time again.
- Doing the layout and design of the eBook and WorkSheets that will accompany the course.
- Tons more..!
Bottom Line: This project is probably the biggest one I have ever gotten myself into, in regards to online business. And actually, this started out as just a simple audio product. It’s now going to be much bigger and I hope it’ll become the Industry Standard course for entrepreneurs and personal outsourcing. There is NO WAY that I could do this all on my own – there simply isn’t enough time in the day!
REAL Passive Income = Working with Virtual Assistants!
The idea of making money whilst we sleep, and travel the world, and spend more time with our families, etc., is a wonderful, beautiful thing. And it IS possible.
But, before those PayPal bells start ringing regularly, there is a lot of work that goes into putting together your passive income streams. Some require more time and effort than others, but, they ALL require some kind of ‘time’ dedication. Utilizing the support and additional skill-sets of virtual assistants minimizes that time, like no other way.
I’ll leave you with a quote in regards to virtual assistants and what they can do for you, as an entrepreneur, from one of my favorite bloggers and best buddies online… This totally sums up my thoughts on this entire subject:
I really have to say that if I could go back and start all over again, I would have utilized virtual assistants much earlier. I probably would have been in the market much faster and would probably be earning a lot more money, too.
Pat Flynn, SmartPassiveIncome.com
Have you worked with Virtual Assistants to help create and market passive income streams…? If so, please tell us all about your experiences below.
And, also feel free to leave any comments and questions below, as always. And if you haven’t already downloaded it, whilst you’re here, grab a copy of my free eBook & AudioBook on working with Virtual Assistants below.
If you found this post helpful or insightful in any way, please ‘be sweet’ and ‘retweet!’. Thanks for the support.