Anyone that knows anything about the online and affiliate marketing world will already be very familiar with the name of today’s special guest – blogger, author and speaker, John Chow. With over 126,000 subscribers at his blog (121,000 when we recorded our chat!) he is a guy that has many, many people listening when he talks.
I first came across John when I fumbled over his ‘Dot Com Lifestyle‘ video on YouTube quite a while back and was then lucky enough to meet him personally last year. We kept in touch via Twitter and recently I was able to corner him for this freakin’ fantastic talk on the subject of internet marketing, getting started as an affiliate rockstar and basically everything and anything else ‘making money online’.
Throughout our conversation, we discuss, amongst other things:
- How to grow your blogs subscriber numbers over time.
- How to get yourself to the point of taking your first ‘making money online’.
- How to find the perfect affiliate products to promote on your blog.
- Understanding the importance of building a mailing list for your online marketing.
- How to set up an entire auto-responder series to keep your audience engaged.
- The importance of promoting products with built-in continuity for on-going passive income.
- How John averages income of $45,000 a month by blogging full-time and working 2-3 hours a day.
- So many more golden pieces of advice!
One of the biggest takeaways for me from this conversation is that it is all down to the individual, and how they are alloting their time and energy when it comes to focusing on their online money making activities. Sure, John makes it look pretty easy, but, don’t forget he’s been doing this stuff a long time, and I’m sure he’s made plenty of mistakes along the way.
Stay focused, hone in on the skills you already posses – whether that be techie skill based, your passion, your experience in business, or simply your drive and ambition and exploit the living daylights out of it.
To find out more on John and what he’s all about, be sure to visit his blog at JohnChow.com, as well as follow him on Twitter, too. You’ll also be smart to download a copy of his ‘Make Money Online’ eBook, too, which you can get for free at his blog.
If you enjoyed this interview, and even got just a tiny little bit out of it, I’d be very thankful of a quick ReTweet, or Facebook ‘Like’. Go on… Hit the buttons below, and thanks for the support!