In today’s very online, savvy business world people want answers. More so, they want answers to questions that they are personally asking. And one of the first things they do is head online to find those answers.
This is usually done in the form of a Google search, or perhaps a quick post on the social media profiles – bottom line is that they are looking for answers, and as modern day entrepreneurs we need to provide them.
One of the easiest (and most fun!) ways to do this today is by developing original content – either written blogs posts, audio or video podcasts, YouTube videos, social updates, etc. – all falling under the banner of ‘content marketing’ and today I get to sit down with the man they call the Content Marketing Godfather, Joe Pulizzi.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why so many small business owners suck at content marketing and what to do about it, for the full-term.
- Joe’s feelings on the importance of originality online.
- My feelings on originality and how ‘copying’ is just copping out!
- The difference between good and bad content.
- How Joe started the Content Marketing Institute from scratch.
- How magazines and live events play into Joe’s overall business mission!
- How truly focusing on creating ‘epic’ content makes all the difference.
- Much, much more!
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Epic Content Marketing – Joe’s new book.
- The Content Marketing Institute
- Content Marketing World
- PNR: This Old Marketing – Joe’s new podcast with Robert Rose
- Joe on Twitter
- Pre-Order My book – Virtual Freedom
I value every review I receive, and often read them out on the show. If you take the time to leave one, THANK YOU - You rock!
Joe is a class act all the way. I mean, how can he not be? His nickname is ‘The Godfather’…?!!!
But seriously, after interviewing as many people as I have, and meeting as many people as I have in my business life, I can spot a rockstar from a mile away – and this guy I spotted from a lot more than a mile away! His unique stance on the importance of ‘doing content marketing’ in the right way is refreshing.
It’s more than just posting something online. It’s about relationships, listening, giving (a little taking!) and ultimately provide answers to questions and solutions to problems. I loved this conversation.
Subscribe to the Podcast
To subscribe to the New Business Podcast, use the link below:
Do you have a clear content marketing strategy in place for 2014? If not, share why below in the comments section, and perhaps we can all help each other a little.